Friday, February 19, 2010

My Heart to be Broken Again - by Curtis

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.- 2 Corinthians 12:9, NIV



As I am nearing the halfway mark in my year of service in Hollywood I have decided to take a little different approa
ch in writing this blog than the past entries I have written. In the past month I have lost my grandfather "Papa", been struggling with the current state of Haitian friends, dealt with and improved issues that my housemates and I have faced, and been sick with my Crohn's. I hadn't sat down to process much of what has been happening until my roommate Will asked me how I was doing spiritually the other night. I realized that I have been just going through the motions and have almost gotten used to some of the things that my heart used to break for and brought me here to serve in the first place. I had not spent the time in prayer and silence like I had in the beginning to process the things that I witness every day. And because of my lack of time alone with God I had almost become numb to the pain and problems that face the people I work with and am in community with. I am asking for prayer for my heart to be broken again. I had started to view what I am doing as my job and that caused me to treat it like any other job I don’t necessarily love. But my hope for the second half of this year is that I may have a servant’s heart once more. What is the truth that I preach in words and actions without tears, and what are the tears without the truth? I am excited about what God has in store for my next 6 months.

When life knocks you on your knees, you’re in the perfect position to pray!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You remind me of Ezekial. The Lord says to him, "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh." (36:26).

Your YAV family in New Orleans is praying for you and your Dwell Family in Hollywood.